My vision for Johnson County, Kansas is to create opportunities to empower coaches to use their influence, through sports, to reach others for Jesus Christ. I believe coaches have the most influence in a young person’s life. I am excited to see FCA reach a greater level of impact in Johnson County for the glory of Jesus Christ and his kingdom come, as we minister to and through coaches.
I have been called by God to serve with FCA full time. With this commission, I am committed to serving, loving and growing alongside you, and the rest of Johnson County, through the ministry of FCA. Thank you for being faithful to Jesus Christ in your impact and influence on others through FCA, in Johnson County.
- Kellen Cox Director of Johnson CountyMatt Alexander Servant Leadership Award3D Camp: July 7-10, 2015
Summer has begun and we’re more than excited! For FCA Kansas City, summer means 18 interns, 5 different camps and lots of sports ministry opportunities! God is building His kingdom through all of the people involved this summer.
Our interns represent over a dozen colleges from all over the country. This summer they will experience Sports Ministry, Biblical and Leadership Development, Camp and Campus Ministry, and Career Exposure. We are so joyful that our young leaders will be bringing the good news of Jesus to hundreds of athletes and coaches this summer!
- Please pray for our interns to be used by God to impact hundreds of coaches and athletes for Jesus.
- Please pray for our 3D Camp in Excelsior Springs, July 7-10. We’re asking God to bring hundreds of coaches, spouses and HS athletes to camp to hear and experience the good news of Jesus.
As the school year winds down, I’m left with a bittersweet taste in my mouth. On one hand I’m excited and ready for all that this summer has in store for our ministry in Kansas City. We have 15 interns showing up next week, a new camp starting in July, dozen of opportunities for discipleship and much more! On the other hand, I’m sad to say goodbye to our campus huddles for a few months. We have 39 huddles on school campuses and they are making an impact for the kingdom!
The most encouragement I received all year came from the group of coaches I met with every Wednesday morning at Blue Valley West high school. Those coaches taught me so much and I loved hearing about the students in their classrooms and on their sports teams. God is using their influence as a coach to impact hundreds of people for Jesus. I can’t wait to see how God grows them over the summer in preparation for next school year! FCA is doing everything we can to equip coaches to be the light of Jesus in our public schools.
- Please pray for dozens of leaders and an abundance of resources to better love, train and equip these coaches in order to see them impact more coaches and athletes for Christ.
- Please pray for God to send hundreds of athletes and coaches to camp this summer. We desire 3D Camp to be the premier leadership camp in the KC Metro to empower athletes and coaches to impact their communities for Jesus Christ!
~ Kellen Cox, Johnson County Area Director
The annual Kansas City Metro FCA Celebration Dinner was a huge success! We were thrilled with a turnout of 650 people last Monday night! We had our gathering in the North Club of Arrowhead and the Chiefs owner, Clark Hunt, was our guest speaker. He did a wonderful job sharing his faith and the importance of FCA in our city.
Many people have seen what God is doing through FCA and have felt led to financially support the ministry. If you feel led to be financially generous to FCA, please click here to donate. You would be helping us impact more people for Jesus and his kingdom!
- Please pray for God to keep bringing more volunteers and financial supporters to the ministry.
- Please pray for our coaches and athletes to keep using the influence to impact their peers for Jesus.
FCA is up and running at MidAmerica Nazarene University! For several months we asked God to raise up a group of coaches and athletes to lead sports ministry at MNU. God delivered once again! There are three coaches and a handful of athletes who are serving as the leadership team for the huddle.
Last week, over 30 athletes showed up to hear Coach Willmer (MNU head football coach) talk about the importance of living and competing for an audience of One. I have never been more encouraged by a coach sharing God’s word! We are so excited about the kingdom impact that is happening at MNU through FCA.
“But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” -1 Timothy 1:16-17
At this time last year, there was no FCA Huddle at Indian Trail Middle School. One of their teachers reached out to me about the possibility of getting it started. That teacher and I prayed for God to do what He wanted at Indian Trail Middle School relating to FCA…and…well…God showed up!
Today, their FCA Huddle has over 20 students in attendance every Wednesday morning! They have a strong 8th grade leader and several others on the leadership team. The Huddle Coach is meeting with the leaders every Monday, discipling them and teaching them what faith in Jesus looks like, as well as, how to prepare for the huddle. We are seeing people impacted for Jesus Christ through FCA. God’s grace and favor is upon Indian Trail Middle School!
- Please keep praying for the Huddle Coaches who give their time, energy and heart to pour into the student-athlete leaders to make their campus ministry efforts most effective for the kingdom.
- Please pray for God to continue to raise up Christian leaders in every Johnson County school in order for the gospel to reach every athlete, coach, and all whom they influence.